After years of drinking coffee and sugary drinks, do you have stains on your teeth? Do you wish your smile was whiter and brighter? Are you fed up with over-the-counter teeth whitening kits that don’t work and waste money? If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, then we invite you to consider a dental whitening treatment with us at Cornerstone Family Dentistry to give you the confident smile you’ve been longing for!
When you come to us for a dental whitening treatment, we use a whitening system called Ultradent to lessen the stains on your teeth. We believe this is a highly effective method to reducing stains and brightening teeth.
Here’s what you can expect if you get your teeth whitened with us.
- First, we will do an initial evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate for teeth whitening. At this appointment we will also discuss any risks and the potential outcomes, as well as strategies to keep your teeth white for as long as possible after the procedure.
- On the day of the procedure, the first thing we will do is isolate your lips, cheeks, and gums using retractors, cotton rolls, and a resin barrier.
- Next, we will apply the bleaching gel to the surface of your teeth and allow it to sit for twenty minutes.
- After twenty minutes, we will thoroughly rinse off your teeth. This will be repeated two more times. After the final rinse, we will remove all the barriers.
- For the next 2-3 days the pores of your teeth enamel are opened and more vulnerable to stains. It’s especially important during these first few days after your procedure that you avoid food and drink that can cause stains. Sensitivity is always a possible risk after a teeth whitening treatment, but it usually subsides after several days. We can give you a fluoride toothpaste that helps reduce sensitivity.
- You can make multiple appointments if you want your teeth even whiter.
- Finally, enjoy your new bright and dazzling smile!
We hope we’ve convinced you to stop wasting your time and money on do-it-yourself teeth whitening kits. Make an appointment with us today and let us help give you a bright and confident smile that you love.